Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Shakespeare Redesign Project


The Shakespeare redesign project is a redesign of this flyer for The Shakespeare Papers.

My immediate approach was to do research on the subject, and I found that since the creation of this flyer their website had been extensively redesigned for a more modern look. Instead of copying that look (they had a newer logo design as well) I took elements (their updated information blurb as well as the longer subtitle) and put them on my own composition.

I knew there would be a lot of old wrinkled paper textures used elsewhere but I figured a simpler aesthetic would work just as well.

In class, points were made about the phone number throwing things off balance a little, the way the body text isn’t quite working either due to color. A suggestion was made to justify the paragraph both left and right, but I tried that before and it didn’t work out. Some wanted more divisions of information, others liked the drop shadow. The biggest criticism came from the lack of contrast in fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment