Thursday, September 20, 2012

Project 0.5 Homage

Rather than talk about Paul Smith and how his work influenced this, I'll describe the technical process. I used a Nikon D80, with a mediocre lense and less than ideal environment. My original intention was to shoot a scene against the sky as a backdrop, but I could not find any angel where the sky was visible, and instead choose to do it in front of some bamboo. Due to cramped space, there was inadequate room for a good depth of field and really at the end of the day I had a collection of rather poor shots I didn't feel very good about. The two best ones were picked and composited into each other. The background was blurred, the clothes desaturated, the shadows were picked up where I thought appropriate, and a glimpse of sky behind the leaves removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment